Saturday 24 November 2012

Poor Rich Boy - Zardarazir

I probably wouldn't know where to start. Writing about Poor Rich Boy's music is no easy task, and I find myself doing so with utmost discretion. I cannot make any positive statements, lest I fall into the depths of pigeon-holing. I wouldn't want to deconstruct the lyrics and try to relate them to a certain event, feeling or emotion. 'Zardarazir' might, or might not have political connotations attached, but I'd prefer to present it as a divorced entity. If the earlier, Shehzad Noor-centric Poor Rich Boy was more manic, this Umer Khan inspired facade is triumphant in its use of minimal vocal harmony. The production is earthy, and leaves plenty of room for the acoustic instruments to find their respective places. This is poetry, and it is presented in mixed media.




No comments:

Post a Comment